With 2017 bidding adieu, online business owners are all set to build up their strategy for beating their counterparts and competitors in the SEO market. Over the coming months, business owners are looking forward in formulating something more competitive and more promising.
SEO is one of the most sought after and discussed marketing strategies of the recent days, with a very dynamic background. And this is what makes it most intriguing, mysterious and not-so-easily understood concept.
Coming to the mainstream of the discussion: how to avoid SEO failure & get success in the forthcoming 12 months? How to secure your belt against Google’s time-to-time search algorithm (not to miss the Pandas and Penguins, too!)?
Following are the 07 SEO Steps to get success in 2018
1 . Proper Keyword Research
Without a proper strategic approach in keyword research, every SEO is sure to fail! It won’t be wrong to say that keyword is the backbone of the SEO campaign. So, how to make a strategic approach to keywords for your SEO? Here are some points given below:
- Keyword needs to be company specific. It should focus on the objective and business prospective of the company.
- Keyword needs to be conversational and interactive. It should be client friendly and should be understood by large number of people. Your keyword need not be a marketing jargon.
- If short keywords do not convey your business objective, take help of long tail keywords.
2. Do not ignore your internal link building
Take a look on the internal links of your website. Internal links define the navigation of a website and indirectly play an important role in the structure and SEO prospect of your website. So a particular insight about the internal link can definitely give you a promising SEO.
- Learn about your internal links. Many business owners and web owners have actually no idea on the internal linking of their website.
- Audit the internal links using free online tools.
- Redirect the page rank flow to those pages that truly matter and help in enhancing SEO.
3. Setting the Timeframe and Budget
Optimizing timeframe and budget has a contributory role in SEO. If you haven’t, then do not delay in setting a realistic timeframe and stipulated budget for your SEO campaign.
- Short timeframe will render a loss to your SEO business.
- If yours is a highly competitive business, make sure to set a large timeframe and a huge budget investment
4. Impressive Content can hook your clients!
Just put a glance on your website, is the content adequate? Is it conveying the right message to your customers? Is the content easily understood by your audience? If not, then optimize your content. A good content is the mirror of your business.
- No redundancy in the contents
- No duplicate content
- Business specific content
5. Responsive Web Design is as vital as the other points
Learn whether your website has a responsive web design and has a mobile optimized web interface. If not, then you are surely losing your fortune in the race! Google has implied a preference to mobile friendly websites, recently.
- Mobile optimization is future proof, which cannot be ignored presently.
- Mobile platforms perform better than their websites.
6. Is your URL well structured?
Now, some of you may ask the question: what has URL got to do with SEO? It has a major contributory role! A long littered lengthy URL ought not make a good SEO impact. Why? It is because like the searchers, search engines also prefer short crispy and apt URLs that easily describe the company
- URL needs to be short
- URL should be easily understood and searched
- URL should clearly convey the objective of the company
7. Make sure Search Engines are CRAWLING in your site
While your site was under construction, you might have definitely blocked some of the major search engines from jumping into the site. And who knows you might have forgotten till date!
- Make sure to unblock the search engines to crawl into your site
- Take a look that are the robots.txt file still in their place? If yes, remove them!
- Check with search engine tools that your site is indexed